Evagoras Evagorou participates as a Research Associate and is a member of the Research Centre “ERATOSTHENES”, led by Professor Diofantos Hadjimitsis at the Department of Civil Engineering and Geomatics, at Cyprus University of Technology (CUT). Mr. Evagorou has received his undergraduate degree from the National Technical University of Athens (Greece), where he obtained the degree of BSc/MSc in Rural and Surveying Engineering. After his studies he worked as a surveyor where he gained professional experience in studying the natural environment, measure land and marine resources, and compiling and evaluating data. Since September 2014, he was employed by Cyprus University of Technology (CUT) as a Research Associate. He is a PhD candidate at Cyprus University of Technology studying techniques using remote sensing for estimating bathymetry. His research interest is comprised in the field of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems intended for environment, cultural heritage, Maritime Spatial Planning and Natural disaster management.
• Damalas, A., Mettas, C., Evagorou, E., Giannecchini, S., Iasio, C., Papadopoulos, M., Alexandra K., Hadjimitsis, D.H, Development and Implementation of a DECATASTROPHIZE platform and tool for the management of disasters or multiple hazards, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2018.05.011
• Evagorou, E., Mettas, C., Agapiou, A., Themistocleous, K., Hadjimitsis, D.G., Bathymetric maps from multi-temporal analysis of Sentinel-2 data: the case study of Limassol, Cyprus, Advances in Geosciences, 2019, https://doi.org/10.5194/adgeo-45-397-2019
• Evagorou E., Mettas C., Agapiou A., Themistocleous K., Papavasileiou S., Hadjimitsis D., Digital cameras calibration for cultural heritage documentation: The case study of a mass digitization project of religious monuments in Cyprus 2020.European Journal of Remote Sensing, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1080/22797254.2020.1810131
• Mettas, C.,Evagorou, E., Agapiou, A., Hadjimitsis, D.G. The use of colorimeters to support remote sensing techniques on asphalt pavements. MDPI – Remote Sensing, 2020, https://doi.org/10.3390/rs12233911
• Evagorou, E., Argyriou, A., Papadopoulos, N., Mettas, C., Alexandrakis, G., Hadjimitsis, D. Evaluation of Satellite-Derived Bathymetry from High and Medium-Resolution Sensors Using Empirical Methods. Remote Sens. 2022, 14, 772. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs14030772